At STARS, we utilize a MTAG philosophy that emphasizes life skill development so that each kid can win on and off the field. We want to partner with parents to further develop the character and integrity of their child based on Christian values.
Key Components of MTAG
- Weekly Team Huddles with Challenge Cards- Coaches, players, and parents will spend time each week discussing an assigned challenge
- Prayer- teams pray together at practices and games
- Play with Sportsmanship- players are taught to play with honesty. We are not "win at all costs"
- Family Balance- practice days/times are limited to promote a more balanced lifestyle
- Standards for Behavior- we hold our players, parents, coaches, and our STARS staff accountable for acting properly
Weekly More Than A Game (MTAG)
MTAG Huddle Elements:
- Include Player and Parents
- Distribute Weekly Card
- Facilitate Discussion
- Recognition Certificate
- Take Prayer Request